Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default How do I keep the divisor constant in calculating percentage remai

The Sum function is superfluous.

=D9/B$9

Look up about cell and range references in the Help files.
--
HTH,

RD

"clpayne" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet where B9 is Funds Appropriated, C9 is Funds Used, D9
is
Balance, and E9 is % Remaining. The formula I have used in E9 is
=SUM(D9/B9).
When I copy that formula to the next cell down, E10, I get =SUM(D10/B10) .
What I want is to have the B9 stay constant, =SUM (D10/B9). How can I do
this? I have been manually changing the divisor to B9 all the way down,
but I
know there has to be an easier way. Is there a better formula that will do
this?

Thanks from a non-technical user.