Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OKY OKY is offline

Default Can I use an "If, then" function here...

Hi Jacb.
I saw your post and I think I need your help with a similar situation.
I have a sheet, where I have
Technician# Job# TIME STATUS
Peter 1R 8-11am CP
2R 8-11am
Mike 5R 2-4pm CP
7R 2-5pm
11R 8-11am
I need to create sort of a report that will display only the jobs where the
STATUS is blank. Example:
TECH TIME JOB#
Peter 2-4pm 2R
Mike 2-5pm 7R
8-11am 11R
Could you help me with this situation?
Please be very specific in the procedure, Im not expert.

Thank You..
"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try the below formula in B1 with your entry in A1.

=RIGHT(A1,IF(LEFT(A1,1)="R",5,4))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"jkramos2005" wrote:

I have a range of accounts:

022.9700
000.4500
001.9600
r100.R9500

For those with no "r" I want to use a function of:

=right(cell location, count four characters from the right)

So for the first line the value returned would be:

9700

But for the fourth line I would like the value returned to be:

R9500

How would I adjust my formula so that I just use one formula for the whole
range of data?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!