Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
kinsey kinsey is offline

Default stock control question

Sean/Shane, thanks for your solutions. The first two work fine but the last
one gave me a negative figure of -18 when it should be 2. Let me explain

total items - 2102 (i'm using a different product here)

first box item 26 master cartons x 80 pieces = 2080 (solution shows 26.
Great!)
second box 2 inner cartons x 20 pieces = 40 (solution shows 2. Good!)
3rd box is just singles left and should be 2 but gives me -18

Can you help ?

Regards

Peter
--
kinsey

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

Assuming 2000 is in A1, all below formulas will go A2 - A4

=INT(A1/36)

=INT(MOD(A1,36)/6)

=A1-(A2*36+A3*6)

"kinsey" wrote:

Hello all, I have 2000 items and want to represent them as full cartons -
inner cartons and single items. Full cartons have 36 pieces inner cartons
have 6 pieces and singles are self explanatory.

I tried using the INT formula but I can't seem to get it to work. Is there
something else I can use?

So want it to look like this

stock 2000 -
master cartons 55 ( 55x36=1980)