Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
F. Learning[_2_] F. Learning[_2_] is offline

Default how do I calculate a week days hours with the 24hour clock

Thanks again Rick

Only getting back to it now. This works perfectly so thanks again

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Sorry, I missed the Saturday into Sunday part of your question. Give this
formula a try...

=24*(IF(H2<G2,H2,H2-G2)+IF(J2<I2,1,J2)-I2)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"F. Learning" wrote in message
Many Thanks Rick works perfectly for Sunday but could you help me with the
Sunday hours included in Saturday rosters. e.g. start 20.00 Sat finish
08.00
Sun
Have tried myself but cannot get it.

Many Thanks again

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

You should be able to use this formula to calculate the number of premium
hours...

=24*IF(J2<I2,1,J2)-24*I2

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"F. Learning" wrote in message
I have a 24 hour roster using the formula:=((H8-G8)+(H8<G8))*24 to
calculate
the no. of hours worked within the 24 hour period. G bing Start time H
being
finish time etc.
I now wish to identify the hours attibutable to a Sunday which is
payable
at
a premium rate.
Sat Shift Sun Shift
Start Finish Start Finish
Cell G H I J
Example: 20:00 08:00 in Saturday has 8
Hours
premium
08:00 20:00 in Sunday has 12
Hours
premium
20:00 08:00 in Sunday ending
Monday has 4 Hours premium

Is this possible? Any help should be appreciated as I am new to this

Thanking you