Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Can I use an "If, then" function here...

Hi,

If there is just one decimal and you want to extract all characters after
the decimal, then you can use this

=TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(B4,".",REPT(" ",20)),10)), where B4 holds the string

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"jkramos2005" wrote in message
I have a range of accounts:

022.9700
000.4500
001.9600
r100.R9500

For those with no "r" I want to use a function of:

=right(cell location, count four characters from the right)

So for the first line the value returned would be:

9700

But for the fourth line I would like the value returned to be:

R9500

How would I adjust my formula so that I just use one formula for the whole
range of data?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!