Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BSc Chem Eng Rick BSc Chem Eng Rick is offline

Default Graphing Large Amounts of Data

TWIMC

I have a datalog which contains a large amount of info (+10000 data points).
When I try and plot anything more than 1000 points in Excel 2007, the app
starts to labour quite seriously and takes forever to fomat a simple thing
like axis scale.

I assume that this is because the new Excel has some pretty fancy formatting
options and it also runs live previewing as formats are changed within
dialogue boxes. Is there a way to just draw simple scatter plots without any
of the processor consuming embelishments? I just need basic formatting
functionality.

Thanks