Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default counting non blank cells according to a condition

You're welcome, and we appreciate the feed-back.

RD

"hayleyho" wrote in message
Hi to both that replied, I was indeed after the formula that includes the
range. I have just opened my spreadsheet to give it a go - it works a

treat.
Many many thanks to both for your assistance, you have saved me so much
manual counting, I knew there had to be a way with excel!!
Kindest regards.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

You could, of course, also use this function to count an entire range:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="Weymouth")*(B1:B100<""))

--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-
"Ragdyer" wrote in message
Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1="Weymouth")*(B1<""))
--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may

benefit !

-

"hayleyho" wrote in message
Hi there, I have a question that has been driving me nuts so if

anyone
can
assist, it would be much appreciated.
My spreadsheet looks like

A B
1 Weymouth 6/5/09
5/9/06
2 Dorchester 12/1/09
3/2/04

What I want to be able to do, is to say, "if A1 equals weymouth, and

B1
is
not blank, count it".

Any ideas? Solving this will make a currently long winded manual

counting
process take seconds for me at work. Any help appreciated!!