Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default counting non blank cells according to a condition

You could, of course, also use this function to count an entire range:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="Weymouth")*(B1:B100<""))

--
HTH,

RD

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1="Weymouth")*(B1<""))
--
HTH,

RD

-

-

"hayleyho" wrote in message
Hi there, I have a question that has been driving me nuts so if anyone

can
assist, it would be much appreciated.
My spreadsheet looks like

A B
1 Weymouth 6/5/09

5/9/06
2 Dorchester 12/1/09

3/2/04

What I want to be able to do, is to say, "if A1 equals weymouth, and B1

is
not blank, count it".

Any ideas? Solving this will make a currently long winded manual

counting
process take seconds for me at work. Any help appreciated!!