Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default How can I lock specific cells w/o having to protect entire sheet?

Hi,

1. Select all the cells you want to allow to be accessed
2. Choose Format, Cells, Protection, and uncheck Locked
3. Choose Tools, Protection, Protect Sheet

If most cells will be unprotected, unprotect the entire sheet by clicking
the top left corner - the intersection of the row and column titles, then
select the cells you want to protect and check Locked as described above.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"J. Becker" wrote:

I have designed a worksheet so my boss can enter data from time cards and get
the total hours worked each week by each employee. However, there are
certain cells I don't want anyone to have access to because they must not be
changed, or the worksheet won't do what is needed. So, how do I lock
specific cells only. I want him to be able to use the worksheet to input the
time data, but not access the cells that do the computing because he is not
very computer oriented. Help!!!