Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KC KC is offline

Default Pivot Tables & External Data

I would convert TABs into commas then.

"IMB" wrote in message
In Office 2003, it was very simple to create a pivot table on external
data.
I am now trying to do the same thing in Excel 2007 and am not able to. My
rows exceed the limit in Excel 2007 so I cannot simply import the data
(further, I don't want it spread over multiple sheets).

I have used the ALt-D-P combination to bring up the old style pivot box,
clicked on external files as my data source and have made it further but
when
I arrive at Microsoft Query, it is unable to identify a TAB as a delimiter
of
a .txt file.

I have been trying to resolve this for hours but have made no headway at
all
- following the MS help instructions is leading me in circles.