CCW

I don't understand this answer. I have a column of times, summing to zero.
I have tried the formula, SUM(G2:G10)*24, formatting the cell [h]:mm, both
found in the help menu. I have tried the formula with the + operator as
suggested here. Nothing works.

The times being summed are a result of IF(F2="","",TEXT(F2-E2,"[h]:mm")), I
have also taken the bracets off the h, but then loose + 24hour periods. What
does add radio buttons do?

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

SUM() ignores text, while the + operator will coerce its text arguments
to numeric if it can.

Try coercing your data to actual numeric values (which is how XL stores
times - as fractional days) by copying an empty cell, selecting your
values, choosing Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio
buttons, then clicking OK. Format the result as time.

In article ,
AJG wrote:

Is there anyone out there who knows why the SUM function won't work, but
manual addition will?