Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Frustrated

Hi,

1. You could apply an AutoFilter on the column containing the word Repair#
and choose the Custom option "begins with" and enter Repair. Copy the
selected data.

2. You could make a pivot table with the Repair column in the Row area and
adding the column you want totaled in the Data area. - by default pivot
tables sort on the row field. there is a workaround but if you decide that a
pivot table is appropriate and you don't get the sort order you want then
post a new question.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"onedeviousmale" wrote:

Basically where ever the word "Repair" Show up in Column B - Rows 6-46,
Either as "Repair#1" or "Repair#5" I would like excel to take the info from
each column refering to that specific repair starting with repair#1 and
re-enter it in rows 59-63, but I also need it to distinguish the Difernence
between Repair#1 and Repair#2 without changing the ascending order in Column

any help would be greatly appreciated

"Don Guillett" wrote:

I can't picture this so
If desired, send your file to my address below along with this msg and
a clear explanation of what you want and before/after examples.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"onedeviousmale" wrote in message
On Row 59-63, I want to set up my program to find any repairs done that
month, so that I can Track the cost of the Materials used in Repairs (eg.
in
Column B - Job # if I Entrer "Repair#1" instead of a Job #. I have the
same
Sub - headings on Row 58 and I want to Copy everything on that row to Row
59
( eg. All infow from Row 3). I can get it to work untill i enter a second
repair "Repair#2" in Column B Rows 6-49, I would like the Second Repair to
appear in Row 60 with all Info pertaining to that row (eg. Info From row
7)

A , B , C , D , E , F , G

Date, job # , Company , Suplier , siding, Soffit/Fascia, Roofing,
1
2
3 Repair#1, Daas , Totem , , $10.84 ,
4
5
6
7 Repair#2, Destiny , Home Depot ,$ 47.84
Etc.