Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mradul Garg Chartered Accountant Mradul Garg Chartered Accountant is offline

Default I donot want to make double entry in excel sheet?

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Hi Rauf

If you have the card numbers in ColA ; in Col B cell B1 enter the below
formula

=COUNTIF("$A$1:$A$50000",A1)

Copy the formula down. This will give you the count of each number. Identify
the ones for which the count if more than 1 and delete from top. Remember you
juse need to delete an entry with a value of 2 only once.

If you are looking at generating a unique list of card numbers use
AdvancedFilter

Why dont you try Advanced Filter option. Suppose you have data in Sheet1;
and you want the unique list in Sheet2.

1. Assign a header to your column.
2. From menu DataFilterAutofilter and 'Copy to another location'.
3. In list range type/select the range Sheet1!A1:A50000
4. In copy to type/select cell C1
5. Check 'Unique records only'
6. Click OK will give you the unique list in Column C

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Abdul Rauf Khan" wrote:

I scan 50000 ID card Numbers in excel sheet but some of them scanned double
or triple how I can check them that which entries are scanned double so that
I may delete them from data?