Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
E[_2_] E[_2_] is offline

Default Absolute value conditional formatting

Great, thank you both.

"Bassman62" wrote:

Select the cells you wish to format. In this example I selected A1:A5.
On the Home Tab, Conditional Formatting, New Rule, Use a formula...,
formula: =ABS(A1)1
If you select multiple columns and want each row to format based on column A
then: =ABS($A1)1
You can extend the range by adjusting it in the "Applies to" field in the CD
Rules Manager.

Best Regards,
Dave

"E" wrote in message
Please can you help me with a simple question! I want to conditionally
format
cells whose absolute value is greater than 1, ie, negative numbers <-1,
and
positive numbers 1.
I use Office 2007.

Many thanks.