Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default using the Excel generic worksheet names instead of user-given name

Paul,

Apart from the syntax you know there are these ways to refer to a sheet

Refers to the first (Leftmost) sheet
Sheets(1).Range("A1") = "First Sheet"

This use the sheet codename
Sheet1.Range("A2") = "SomeValue"

Mike

"Paul" wrote:

I would like to be able to write some code to perform operations on
worksheets that doesn't have to worry about what name the user gave to those
worksheets. In the Project Explorer pane of the VB Editor, I notice that
the worksheets are named "Sheet 1, Sheet2, etc. followed by the user-given
names in parenthesis.

I've tried executing commands like "Sheets("Sheet3").Range("myRange").value
= 22 but it doesn't seem to work. More importantly, I'd like to write code
that performs the same operation on multiple worksheets by looping through
the worksheets. If I could get Excel to recognize the generic names, I
could concatenate "Sheet" with the integer range and accomplish my purpose.

Is there a way to get Excel to recognize those sheets as Sheet1, Sheet2,
etc?

thanks in advance,

Paul