Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Conditional Formatting!!!

Try something like this:

=OR(AND(B7<"",B7<=TODAY()+90,C7<"EU"),AND(B7<"" ,B7<=TODAY()+360,C7="EU"))
--

HTH,

RD

"Vikki" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet which uses conditional formattting. The colour of a
particular cell changes colour, depending on the expiry date (shown in
another cell).

I have another column with wording in which says either, Quotes; Business
Case; Tender; EU. At the moment, cell A7 turns amber, when the expiry date
is
3-months away, to alert me to begin renewal of a contract, however, some
contracts require upto 12-months of preparatory work, so is it possible, for
the formula in A1 to take into account, the type of renewal (ie. Quotes;
tender etc).

For example, if a contract expires 01.01.11, and the renewal cell states EU,
then I want the formula to pick this up, and turn amber 12-months prior to
the expiry date, ie on 01.01.10.

Does this make sense and can anyone please help??

Many thanks
Vikki