Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
^^Michelle^^ ^^Michelle^^ is offline

Default How do I sort pivot table data by subtotals?

I am trying to sort a pivot table by the subtotals for a data item.

The pivot table has three columns, a name then a list of services received
and then a column showing units for each service. The table is subtotaled by
name so that I can see the total units per person for each service received.

I want to sort the table descending so that the names with the greatest
number of units appear at the top. The subtotal for each name needs to be
the sort field. I need to know who received the most units, then if
necessary I can drill down and display the details to see specifically what
services each name received and how many of each service.

Thank you. I've been searching a lot on here and google and cannot find
this answer.