Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JCS JCS is offline

Default Help with Analysing Data

Hi Kim,

Don't really understand the problem you are having. It sounds like you are
getting the right results except for the 0 for those companies who didn't
spend money. If you are concerned about the 0 displaying get rid of it by:

1. right click on the pivot table
2. Select Table Options
3. Under Format Options, delete the 0 in the "For empty cells, show:"
category.

If this helps, please press Yes

John

"KimC" wrote:

Hi,

I'm a bit at a stand still with how to work this.
I have a sheet with quite a number of information.
But to simplify it, I have a column with company name, amount they spent in
quarter one.

What I need to find is the companies who spend money in quarter one, and how
much they spend.

I'm trying to use a pivot table for this, but i just cant seem to get it
right - it lists all the companies and the ones who didnt spend anything have
a 0 listed next to them.

Thanks in advance;
Kimberley