Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Concatenate formula needs a fix

Hi,

The only way I can get a #VALUE! error is by not having a sheet called
"DFs-Sym"

Check the spelling of your sheet name and ensure you don't have any spaces
at the ends.

Mike

"Vic" wrote:

I still get #VALUE!

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Your formula is fine and you don't explain what 'not working' is. I suspect
you have a data problem with (maybe) rogue spaces so try this

=CONCATENATE(COUNTIF(A10:A500,"*USA*")," /
",COUNTIF('DFs-Sym'!C90:C1000,"*USA*"))

Note that will fail if a cell in your range contains something like medUSA
which will be counted so if it doesn't work look to cleaning your data.

Mike

"Vic" wrote:

I am applying the following formula to concatenate 2 counters, one from this
sheet and another one from another sheet. This formula is not working. Can
someone please show me how to fix it?
=CONCATENATE(COUNTIF(A10:A500,"USA")," / ",COUNTIF('DFs-Sym'!C90:C1000,"USA"))
I need to see something like this == 38 / 105
I am doing this because I can't split the cell, but I need 2 different
counters for each country.
Thank you.