Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rich S. Rich S. is offline

Default referencing only rows with data

Thanks Joel. This may be a step or two ahead of my current macro ability but
gives me a chance to take it to the next level !!

"Joel" wrote:

First, it is not recommended using select. The macro recorder uses it but I
normally rewrite recorded macro not using the select. You need to select
chart which I consider a bug in VBA.

Here is recorded macro

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
'

'
ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddChart.Select
ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Range("'Sheet1'!$A$4:$N$4")
ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatterSmooth
End Sub

Here is my modified macro

Sub AddCharts()

With ActiveSheet
RowCount = 1
Do While .Range("A" & RowCount) < ""
LastCol = .Cells(RowCount, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
Set ChartRange = .Range(.Range("A" & RowCount), .Cells(RowCount, LastCol))

Set MyChart = .Shapes.AddChart
MyChart.Select
With ActiveChart

.SetSourceData Source:=ChartRange
.ChartType = xlXYScatterSmooth
End With
RowCount = RowCount + 1
Loop
End With
End Sub

:

i'm new to macros(cursor only), and i want it to create and print a graph for
each row of data(about 25 columns wide). If I select the first row, how can i
have the macro keep selecting until the last row of data? Thank you, Rich