Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tel Tel is offline

Default Concatenate formula needs a fix

Hi Vic,

I'm no expert and I'm sure others will shoot me down if I'm wrong but try
this:

In one spare cell (say A1) enter the formula

=COUNTIF(A10:A500,"USA")

in a second spare cell (say A2) enter the formula

=COUNTIF('DFs-Sym'!C90:C1000,"USA"))

In a third (your target cell) enter

=A1&"/"&A2

Hey presto you've got it. It might be long winded but you get the result.

I often hide cells using white text on a white background then lock the cell
out if you don't want others to see it.

Regards

Tel

"Vic" wrote:

I am applying the following formula to concatenate 2 counters, one from this
sheet and another one from another sheet. This formula is not working. Can
someone please show me how to fix it?
=CONCATENATE(COUNTIF(A10:A500,"USA")," / ",COUNTIF('DFs-Sym'!C90:C1000,"USA"))
I need to see something like this == 38 / 105
I am doing this because I can't split the cell, but I need 2 different
counters for each country.
Thank you.