Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jgraves jgraves is offline

Default First Value in Sorted Column is Not Sorted Properly

I am using Excel 2007 and finding that sometimes when I sort a list of values
smallest to largest it puts a value out of order in the first cell of the
column of sorted values. I have even cut and pasted that record back in its
right place, then perform a sort again and it goes back to the first cell.
This happens whether the cell format is general, text or number.
It happens when I sort from largest to smallest - the out of order value
just goes to the bottom of the list.
Here is part of the list I am sorting and what it looks like when I sort
Smallest to Largest (A-Z):

39101613
26101101
26101102
26101103
26101105
26101106

Has anyone experienced this before? What can I do to remedy?

Thank you,
Jen