Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Oceangate Oceangate is offline

Default If blank cell, copy information from cell above

I am using a PC and working on Excel 2003. I have a spreadsheet and have
random blank cells. Everywhere there is a blank cell, I want to copy the
information from the cell directly above it. This information could be a
persons name, date or number. For example if my cursor is in cell A10:
IF A10 is blank, copy A9, else, don't copy.
How do I put this formula in the spreadsheet so that I can have the blank
cells filled with the information from the cell above and at the same time
not affect the information already there?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter