Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Amanda Amanda is offline

Default Excel 2003 - Tracking caps

I have a dollar amount I track of what I've paid into my company that - after
a certain amount - cap (I don't pay in anymore). I want to track how much I
owe, and when a transaction would cap me, I want it to only show how much I
really paid in, and then any future tranactions show 0 for Dues.

Some sample data of what I'm getting now:

A B C D
Gross Dues Net
Totals 6000 2400 3540

Transaction 1 1000 400 600
Transaction 2 2000 800 1200
Transaction 3 3000 1200 1800
Transaction 4 4000 1600 2400

Lets say that my dues cap at 2000. I want to have a formula that when the
Totals row gets to 2000, Tranaction 3 will show that instead of paying 1200
in, I only paid 800 in, and then have Transaction 4 show 0. However, because
the Totals row is a sum of the Dues row, I get circluar reference errors when
I try to reference it.

Any suggestions? Thanks!