Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Add-in functions

I would at least report the issue to the industrial equipment supplier - they
need to be aware of it so they can work with MSFT to get things working
properly.

Have you tried going into the Add-Ins manager in Excel 2007 and seeing what
you can do there? Office Button -- [Excel Options] -- Add-Ins

I'm not sure, but I suppose that your issue is that you're taking files from
the 'special system' and sending it to others that don't have the add-in for
further use? Is there a licensing or other issue with installing the add-in
on other systems?

"dbustell" wrote:

Not an option - It belongs to the industrial equipment supplier.
The problem is with the behavior of Excel - not the addin.
Thx
D-

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

Probably need to rewrite the add-in.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"dbustell" wrote:

I have an Excel Add-in connected to plant equipment on a machine running
Excel 2003.

When I open the spreadsheet with Excel 2003 on a machine that does NOT have
the add-in, the file opens with the last values recorded by the original
machine.

When I open the spreadsheet with Excel 2007 on a machine that does not have
the add-in, the file opens with #NAME? in all of the cells using the add-in
functions.

How can I make Ex2007 open the file and ignore the addin functions?

TIA
Donald