Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Exceluser2400 Exceluser2400 is offline

Default Clicking on cell with email address opens Outlook Express

When I click on a cell that contains an email address Excel automatically
opens Outlook Express and tries to send an email to that address. Once I have
clicked on the cell the formatting changes to blue text with underlining and
becomes a hyperlink. The next time I click that cell it opens Outlook
Express, and I have to wait for that program to finish opening and then close
it. But usually I just need to copy the address to paste it into another
application. How can I remove the hyperlink formatting, and how can I
prevent clicking on the cell from opening Outlook Express? I have found
nothing about this in the Help feature.