Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PatK PatK is offline

Default Odd Formula copying Behavior

I have a very odd situation going on with excel 2007, and thought I would try
a post here, before I try a total Office re-install:

I have an excel spreadsheet with a variety of formulas in the rows.
Starting today, when I copy/paste a formula from one row, to a row
immediately below it (using drag copy), rather than the formula being copied
as it has always done, instead (and here is the odd part), it seems to paste
the result of the formula I am copying into that cell (no more formula).
Additionally, if instead of dragging to copy just one cell, I drag to copy to
several cell rows, it works as normal. Very strange.

Same applies if I use Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V copy, etc.

Hope that makes sense. About ready to do an uninstall, reinstall, before a
total system rebuild, if that doesn't work. But if there is an easy fix,
would appreciate any insights.

Thanks!

PatK