Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Finding the first value that is less than zero

Array-enter this expression in say C2,
ie confirm it by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER:
=INDEX(A2:A5,MATCH(MIN(IF(B2:B5<0,B2:B5)),IF(B2:B5 <0,B2:B5),0))
Adapt the ranges to suit your actual data extents in cols A and B

Success? Punch it here, click the YES button below
--
Max
Singapore
"russhess8" wrote:
I have a list of values in column b. I want to find the first time that this
value is less than zero. I then want to list the corresponding row in column
a. any suggestions?