Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PAL PAL is offline

Default Cycle Times

Hello Luke,

Brilliant. I transposed the calclulation as it was giving negative numbers.
Here is what I changed it to:

=IF(ISBLANK(D2),IF(ISBLANK(B2),C2-A2&" (Plan-Plan)",C2-B2&"
(Actual-Plan)"),D2-B2&" (Actual-Actual)")

Final question would be....instead of days, I would like to convert it to
months. Generally, based on a benchmarking organization I use, to get months
I would go

C2-A2/30.43. When I do this it goes out several decimal places. Due to the
concatenation I can't round it to tengths. Anyway to get it to months, or
should I just take off the concatenation?

"Luke M" wrote:

Perhaps something like this:

=IF(ISBLANK(D2),IF(ISBLANK(B2),A2-C2&" (Plan-Plan)",B2-C2&"
(Actual-Plan)"),A2-D2&" (Actual-Actual)")

Modify the text as desired
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"PAL" wrote:

I am trying to calucate cycle times. I have 2 milestones (each with a
planned and actual date

Column A: Milestone 1 Planned
Column B: Milestone 1 Actual

Column C: Milestone 2 Planned
Column D: Milestone 2 Actual

If the period between the two periods has occured (Actual), then we want to
subtract D from B to determine the cycle time.

If they are blank then the cycle time is planned and the cycle time must be
calculated by

Column C- Column B (if it occured) or
Column C - Column A.

It would be great to distinguish the cycle and whether or not it is planned
or actual in one field. ALternatively, we can have a separate column for
planned (which would be blank if there was an actual) or actual column.