Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NSNR NSNR is offline

Default PROTECTION FOR DIFFERENT COLUMN OF A WORKSHEET

I have created a format(template) in a worksheet. This is been shared on the
network among the users(LAN). I want users to enter the data(dates) w.r.t.
completion of their processes. Each user(dept) has been assigned few columns
to enter these data for corresponding projects in the rows.

I wish to restrict entry to required(necessary) columns to each user, so
that he may not be able to alter data of other user. This I thought of
having different password protections to columns of as many users.

My query is can this be executed in excel assigning different passwords to
diff. columns or is there any other solution for this.

Regards

NSNRao
--
reply to my posts are welcome