Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default State Another Cell's Fill Color as Text

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge this is going to be quite a challenge.

You could do this with a macro in 2003 since there are only 64 or so colors,
but in 2007 there are 16 million possible colors. And the macro - custom
function maybe - will require one condition per color.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"DOUG" wrote:

How would I construct a text statement to point to another cell, which
happens to be green, and have it say (GREEN). This will become part of a
larger string of text which re-states in English what the spreadsheet is
saying in numbers. (Some people relate to spreadsheets amd some want it told
to them as a little story).

DOUG ECKERT