Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Duplicate lettering in names

Hi,

Try the following array formula:

=MIN(LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,MID(A1,ROW(A$1:A$11),1),))) <LEN(A1)-1

to make it an array press Shift+Ctrl+Enter to enter the formula.

It is set up for names up to 11 characters, but you can make them any length
by change the 11 in A$1:A$11 to a larger number.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Rocko" wrote:

I need to go through a list of first names & identify ones which have at
least 2 or more of the same letters. For example "Angela" = 2 x a, or
Patricia = 2 x a & 2 x i. I hope this is clear. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.