Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kassie kassie is offline

Default Not show

In E35 enter
=IF(LEFT(C35,1)="*",RIGHT(C35,LEN(C35)-1),C35)
If you want it to be seen as amounts, then modify as follows
=IF(LEFT(C35,1)="*",RIGHT(C35,LEN(C35)-1)+0,C35)

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"lightbulb" wrote:

I have an excel sheet that has information pulled directly from another
software program. In the other software program there are sometimes asteriks
in front of the numbers, when it brings the data to excel, those asteriks are
still there. However, I don't want the asteriks to be there because I need
to lookup the numbers in another file. Is there a way to copy the data into
other columns in excel but disregard the *'s?

For Example:

If it pulled the data of *70.43 in C35, I want the formula to put 70.43 in
cell E35. The numbers will either be 2,3,4, or 5 digits.

Any Help?