Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default sum/autosum not calculating correctly

Sounds like some of your numbers are actually TEXT. The SUM function ignores
text.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"websterk12" wrote in message
When I add numbers in a column, sometimes I'm not getting the correct
total.
I've cleared the cells of all formuals, and have re-entered the SUM
formula
(sometimes clicked the icon) and still nothing. To test for accuracy, I
will
delete a number and the total may or may not change. My workboods has
about
30-40 sheets, so testing and totalling every sheet after every entry would
be
very time-consuming.