Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
deertroy deertroy is offline

Default Having a cell show X but read something else?

Used NBVC method. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks to all.

"deertroy" wrote:

I have a small spread sheet set up to keep track of a grass cutting contract.
We have our area divided into sections A-G. Each section has a different
dollar amount attached to it (section A $500, B $350, C $200, etc.) I list
the sections across the top of my spread sheet. Down the side I list the
date. If for instance we have the contractor cut sections A, B and C during
the first date I put and X in cells B2, C2 and D2. I would like to then have
this total $1050. How can I get the cells to read the dollar amount even
though I'm typing an X in each cell?

Thanks