Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nigel P Nigel P is offline

Default Sum of named ranges conditional to date?

"SleazyBreezy" wrote:

Hi all,

Say I have a spreadsheet listed as follows:

A1 = 03/31/05
A2 = $5.00

B1 = 03/31/05
B2 = $10.00

C1 = 04/01/05
C2 = $20.00

The entire A column is named "Base_Date" and the entire B column is named
"Base_Amount".

I would like a formula that will sum values in the Amount column that
correspond with a specific date range, ie. March only. This formula must
reside in a different worksheet (within the same workbook).

I've tried the following:

=SUM(IF(Base_Date=DATEVALUE("03/01/2005"),IF(Base_Date<=DATEVALUE("03/31/2005"),Base_Amount,0),0))

If I place the formula in a seperate worksheet from the data (as intended),
its value is $35.00 (adds all values in column B) when I'm expecting it to be
only $15.00.

If I place the formula in the same worksheet as the data (not in columns A
or B), its value is reported as 0.

I'm sure I'm missing something miniscule here. Any suggestions?

TIA,
Sleazy

Hi I have a similar issue that I cannot resolve. I wish to summarise all
values by date (for a cash collection spreadsheet) for example

A1 B1
Date Ammount
1/1/9 10
1/1/9 15
2/1/9 12
3/1/9 7

I would like to see the following result in another range of cells:
1/1/9 25
2/1/9 12
3/1/9 7