Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Issue with dynamic chart mapping out blank info

" " is a space
Blank should be "" (without a space)

=IF('[Sheet'!AC8=0,"",'Sheet'!AC8)
OR
=IF('[Sheet'!AC8=0,NA(),'Sheet'!AC8)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Nessygirl" wrote:

Hi Shane, thanks for this, I am not using a VLOOKUP - would that be a better
idea than the formula I am using: =IF('[Sheet'!AC8=0," ",'Sheet'!AC8), which
does work and returns a blank cell, the issue comes when I am charting and it
updates thinking that there is data in there due to the formula.
Does this make sense?!?
Regards
--
Nessygirl
"I really hate this machine, I wish that they would sell it, it never does

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

You should show us the formula you are using. But lets assume its something
like

=IF(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:D100,3,FALSE)="",NA(),VLO OKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:D100,3,FALSE))

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Nessygirl" wrote:

I have created a rolling 12 month graph which looks at the data on a table
and determines which is the most up to date data to use and constantly will
update itself with the new month and remove the oldest month when new data is
entered......however, the data that I have is a lookup to another spreadsheet
which I have used a formula to retrieve, problem is that the dynamic chart is
assuming that because there is a formula in the table that it needs to be
charted even when the formula returns a null value. My excel skills are
average to say the best, so in laymans terms would be helpful :-)
Thanks so much