Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nikolai nikolai is offline

Default NEW Excel Problem

Tried the add-in enable but no difference.

It is not actually opening any worksheet / workbook, excel the application
opens but nothing else?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You may be suffering from a common problem in xl2007 that lots of people have
complained about. The workbook is open, just not visible.

One way to see it is to click on the Office button and start to open another
workbook, but then just dismiss the dialog. You may see your workbook open
after this. (Ctrl-O, then escape may work???)

Currently, there isn't a fix--just workarounds.

=========
I've seen some posts that suggest that turning on the solver addin (or any
addin) may remove the problem. I've never experienced the problem, so I never
tested if this was a solution.

nikolai wrote:

Have a new one... Using Excel 2007 on XP, when I double click a 97-2003 file
it opens Excel but does not open the file. (XLSX files work fine.)

This has only started happening in the last week? I have tried removing
updates from last week etc, unticking Ignore Other Apps, unreg / reg etc but
to no avail!!

Anyone help???

--

Dave Peterson