Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Karen O Karen O is offline

Default Excel 2003 Custom toolbar problem saving new buttons

I did what you suggested, and the changes, which were just to add a couple
tools to the toolbar, were there when I exited Excel and started it back up,
but when I log off and back on, the changes are not there.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

I assume you are adding buttons from ToolsCustomizeCommands

Excel stores Toolbar and Menu customizations in a file named Excel11.xlb.

Perhaps you do not have permissions to save to that file.

Close Excel.

Find that file and re-name to Excel11.OLD

Common path to Excel11.xlb is

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

Fire up Excel and and make some changes then close out.

Re-start Excel

Are your changes saved?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:31:01 -0700, Karen O
wrote:

In Excel 2003 I want to customize my toolbar but the buttons don't stay for
the next time I access the program - I have to recustomize each time! I go
into View and add new buttons to the toolbar, or I click on the toolbar and
say to add butotns. Either way, when I come back into the program, the
buttons are not there anymore. Very frustrating. I would appreciate any
help from anyone out there!