Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Incrementing a formula within an excel cell

Kind of hard to "visualize" what you're trying to do but this might set you
in the right direction.

If you have 12 columns of data, one for each month of the year, you can
refer to the monthly column by using the month number.

Sheet2 A1:L1 = monthly data for Jan to Dec.

=INDEX(Sheet2A1:L1,1) refers to the Jan column
=INDEX(Sheet2A1:L1,12) refers to the Dec column

Sheet1 A1 = 1

=INDEX(Sheet2A1:L1,A1) refers to the Jan column

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"James C." wrote in message
Hi all,

I am trying to accomplish the following and can't seem to figure it out. I
have a tab of monthly data Jan - Dec where Jan is in Cell A1...

I have a second tab that links to tab 1. Tab 2 is a one month at a time
snapshot. So right now all cells are linked to January on Tab 1. Instead
of
doing a Find/Replace on formulas on Tab 2 to switch the month to say Feb
is
there a way I can put in box in cell A1 of tab 2 where the user can input
month (A - L). Then instead of linking directly to A1 on the other tab I
can
insert a formula that says Start with A1 if there is something in the box
the
substitute the "A" with whatever is in the box? Ie for March it would be
"C"
thus C1?

Thanks