capillod

Tushar Mehta

Sorry I probaly didnt word the question well. My graph has many peaks e.g.
20 peaks, each one smaller than the previous one. What i am trying to do is
draw a lins through the top of these peaks and then get the slope of this
line.

I have tried using the trendling but with no success. It does give me ths
slope of the whole graph which is useful but not what i am looking for.
Regards

Cathal

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

I'm sure your question makes sense to you but by definition a peak has a
slope of zero. Or do you mean the slope of a curve that includes only
the peaks? If so, plot the peak values as a 2nd series. If that is a
straight line, the trendline (or the LINEST function) will give you the
slope.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Multi-disciplinary business expertise
+ Technology skills
= Optimal solution to your business problem
Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005

In article ,
says...
I have a graph with many peaks which are decreasing logarithmically and i
need to get the slope of these peaks ignoring the "Noise" which is below
these peaks.

Any suggestions