Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul Paul is offline

Default Function based on blank cell and date past due

I will try this today.

Thank you for the response.

-- Paul

"T. Valko" wrote:

and I am using '07 version.

Ok, this is fairly complicated so I did this the easiest and most efficient
way I could think of.

Assume the range of interest is A3:D25.

Enter this formula in F2. This will return the count of how many records
meet the criteria of column A being blank and the corresponding date in
column B being greater than today's date.

=COUNTIFS(A3:A25,"",B3:B25,""&TODAY())

Enter this array formula** in F3:

=IF(ROWS(F$3:F3)<=F$2,SMALL(IF((A$3:A$25="")*(B$3: B$25TODAY()),ROW(A$3:A$25)),ROWS(F$3:F3)),"")

key then hit ENTER.

Enter this formula G3:

=IF(F3="","",INDEX(C:C,F3)&" "&TEXT(INDEX(D:D,F3),"m/d/yyyy"))

Select both F3 and G3 then copy down until you get blanks.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Paul" wrote in message
No, C and D must contain data.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Ok, for every blank cell in column is there corresponding data in columns
and D or might they also be blank?

If there are many cells that meet these conditions this will take a very
complicated formula.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Paul" wrote in message
I think that there will be many blank cells. But that is why step two
must
look at a due date to see if it is overdue.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Look down a column(A) for any blank cell

Is there only one blank cell in column A?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Paul" wrote in message
I am needing to get a function to do the following:

Look down a column(A) for any blank cell, then for that blank cell
look
in
the cell to the right in column B and see if the date is past today.
If
this
is true, I want the values of the corresponding cells in column C
and D
concantenated and inserted into cell F3.

Another major issue is that the value in the cell for column D is a
date
and
when it is inserted it comes as the number value instead of the
typical
date.

Thank you for any help,

-- Paul