Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
katagrga katagrga is offline

Default Count if ? formula needed!

Thanks so much for your reply. I have not worked with pivot tables before.
I have all of the information in the tables as you instructed, is there a way
to count the number of customers who have 2 or more of the same date? I have
over 5000 entries, so I can not count them manually. Please excuse my lack
of experience. I really appreciate your help!

"megangomez" wrote:

You can use a pivot table to summarize the data. Using your example: In
Excel 2007, Select the data, Select "Pivot Table" on the Insert tab, then add
fields from the Pivot Table field list as follows:

Row Lables = A, B
Sum Values = Count of B

You should get a table that shows each person's name, the grand total of
occurances per person, then a total number of occurances per date per person.

As you add occurances to the data list, you will need to update the pivot
table by clicking the "refresh" button on the Pivot Table Options tab.

Hope that helps!