Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Per Jessen Per Jessen is offline

Default If any specific #s are present in range, show each in another

Steve,

An UDF is an userdefined function, ie a macro. To use it you have to insert
it in the VBA editor. Here's what to do:

Open the VBA editor (ALT+F11)
Goto Insert Module
Paste the code i posted to you earlier in the codesheet which appear
Close the VBA editor.

Now you are ready to use the UDF. To call the function select the desired
cell, and type:

=UniqueNumbers(A1:A10)

Change the range in the paranthesis as needed and press enter.

Hopes this helps.

--
Per

"Steve" skrev i meddelelsen
I'm sorry, but I've never used a UDF before, and have no idea how to even
begin with this. Does this go into the cell ?

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Hi Steve

This UDF should do it:

Public Function UniqueNumbers(InputRange As Range) As Variant
Dim Unique() As Variant
Dim IsUnique As Boolean
ReDim Unique(0)

For Each c In InputRange.Cells
If WorksheetFunction.CountIf(InputRange, c) = 1 Then
If Unique(0) = "" Then
Unique(0) = c.Value
Else
For v = LBound(Unique) To UBound(Unique)
If Unique(v) = c.Value Then
IsUnique = False
End If
Next
If IsUnique Then
ReDim Preserve Unique(UBound(Unique) + 1)
Unique(UBound(Unique)) = c.Value
End If
IsUnique = True
Next

UniqueNumbers = Unique(0)
For c = 1 To UBound(Unique)
UniqueNumbers = UniqueNumbers & ", " & Unique(c)
Next
If UniqueNumbers = "" Then
UniqueNumbers = CVErr(xlErrNA)
End If
End Function

Regards,
Per

"Steve" skrev i meddelelsen
If I have a range, e.g. A1:A10, and in that range are various #'s, such
as
1s, 2s, 3s or 4s. I'd like a formula in cell B1 that would produce all
the
DIFFERNT #'s that are in that range. i.e.

If A1:A10 has only 1s in it, I'd like 1 in cell B1
If A1:A10 has 1s and 2s in it, I'd like 1,2 in cell B1
If A1:A10 has 1s,2s, and 3s in it, I'd like 1,2,3 in cell B1
If A1:A10 has 1s,2s, 3s, and 4s in it, I'd like 1,2,3,4 in cell B1
etc.
The number of times each # is in the range is irrelevent.

Thanks,

Steve