Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Repeat Cell Data in Ranges

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Alain" wrote in message
Thank you to both for answering my question.
T.Valko, I tried what you suggested and it worked. Thanks a bunch. Alain

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

83 numbers repeated 50 times each = 4150 rows.

Assume you want the numbers entered in the range A1:A4150.

Enter the range A1:A4150 in the name box then hit enter. The name box is
that little "box" immediately above the column A header.

Type this formula:

=CEILING(ROWS(A$1:A1)/50,1)

Then hold down the CTRL key then hit ENTER.

This will fill the range A1:A4150 with the sequence of numbers. With this
range still selected do this:

Goto EditCopy
Then EditPaste SpecialValuesOK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Alain" wrote in message
I know how to autofill in Excel but haven't been able to autofill
1,1,1,1,(up
to 50 row cells) and then 2,2,2,2 (for the next 50 cells), then 3,3,3,3
and
so forth up to 83,83,83,83,.... In other words, I want that sequence to
increase by 1 every 50 cells from number 1 to 83. Any help with this
would
be
greatly appreciated.