Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alain Alain is offline

Default Repeat Cell Data in Ranges

Thank you for answering my question Sean but I am not sure I understand what
you mean exactly. Could you please explain in more detail what you meant with
the formula as if to a novice as I am somewhat one? Thank you. Alain

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

Well, a thought would be to go 1 to 83 as a fill, then copy and paste it.
50*83 = 4150 cells long... Then, just sort by the column...

"Alain" wrote:

I know how to autofill in Excel but haven't been able to autofill 1,1,1,1,(up
to 50 row cells) and then 2,2,2,2 (for the next 50 cells), then 3,3,3,3 and
so forth up to 83,83,83,83,.... In other words, I want that sequence to
increase by 1 every 50 cells from number 1 to 83. Any help with this would be
greatly appreciated.