Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Manosh Manosh is offline

Default Copying rows values on one sheet to part of a formula in a column

Hi all
Would appreciate some assistance on what appears to be a simple
request but may need a combination of expressions to fulfill
(hopefully not!).

I have on one sheet a series of data being generated on the same row
in different colums as a series. for example

10,5,30,20 etc and so on in a row in different colums.

On my other work sheet i need to use these values to perform
calculations but this table is in a column format.
ie
10*2
5*2
30*2
20*2
Problem:
- I wanted to copy the formula down the column but obv excel does not
understand that i would like to pick up the different columns, same
row values on one sheet whilst in the same column, different rows on
the other!
- I tried to transpose this by copy pasting but it gave me a ref
error.
- i read about address and indirect but couldn't get it to work :-(

My preferred solution would be a formula on the top line of the 2nd
worksheet which i could copy down depending on the number of entries
on the 1st sheet.

Many thanks in advance!
best
Manosh