Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mikebo mikebo is offline

Default varying a cell and seeing the outcome

I am a fairly regular user of Excel and I can find my way around, but now I
have question that I need help on. I have set up a fairly complex sheet that
calculates some numbers based on some input numbers. Imagine a sheet that,
for example, has a value "10%" in cell A1, and "50" in cell A2, then a whole
bunch of calculations based on these and other numbers, and finally a couple
of result numbers in cells X20 and X21.
Now I want to know what the results are when I change the input values. I
can of course simply type in a value of 20% in A1 and immediately see what
the result is, but if I want to do that for amny combinations of input
values, it becomes tedious. I would have to type in a new value in A1, then
write down the values of X20 and X21, change A1 again, and so on.
Is there a way to do that automatically? For example, define a range of
values for A1, and get a table that only lists, say, a column of the A1
values and 2 columns for the X20 nd X21 values?
I have checked out the "goal seek", "solve" and "scenario" options, but I
don't think thtey do what I want, and I don't think Pivot tables do that
either.
How can I do this in Excel (2003 or 2007, I have both).