Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jean Jean is offline

Default Autofill issue

It's close...however, the J is changing to a K...it needs to copy down to J2,
J3, etc...

"Mike H" wrote:

hi,

Try this in a12 and drag right

=INDIRECT("A"&COLUMN(J10))*INDIRECT("J"&COLUMN(A1) )

Mike

"Jean" wrote:

I am trying to autofill a formula. I am in cell A12. Assuming that I want
to multiply A10*J1. When I autofill it across, I would like the A10 to
change to A11, A12, etc. However, I want the J1 to change to J2, J3, etc.
Absolutes will not work. I'm sure that this isn't simple multiplication.
Does anyone have a function that will do this? Thanks.