Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Excel "Exact" Function

This array formula** will extract the *first* item in a filtered list.

=INDEX(A2:A10,MATCH(1,SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2:A10,,,R OW(A2:A10)-ROW(A2)+1)),0))

key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bryan Gnidrah" wrote in message
I have a worksheet in which I want to compare the data in one cell (A1)
with
that in another cell. The cell which is to be compared against is
immediately
beneath A1 but being one of several which will be filtered, may not be
Cell
A2. It could be any one of cells A2 - A10 for example. Can any one help me
in
creating a function?